Take a Family Survey
If you are a parent, guardian, grandparent, or other primary caregiver in a child’s life, we invite you to take one of our free Compass Family Surveys.
Knowing a child deeply, beyond external achievements, is one of the most important aspects of a caring adult-child relationship. Take one of our family surveys with a particular child in mind to help identify, understand, and cultivate that child’s core internal abilities–strengths that develop during childhood and adolescence and continue to mature throughout life.
The personalized results from our research-based surveys designed by psychologists will help you look at your child’s strengths through a different lens. With greater awareness, you can celebrate and reinforce your child’s strongest abilities while helping them learn to engage the strengths they use less often.
Family Survey for Youth Ages 10-17
Take this survey if your child is between the ages of 10-17. Upon completion, consider inviting your tween or teen to take the Compass Youth Survey. Comparing your perceptions can reap big rewards for families! You’ll receive discussion suggestions in the guide that comes with your survey results. (Requires 13 minutes to complete.)
Family Survey for Children Ages 5-9
Take this survey if your child is between the ages of 5-9. Observing, understanding, and nurturing a child’s core strengths in their elementary-school years gives that child a better chance of thriving during middle and high school. (Requires 10 minutes to complete.)
- Get an overview of the surveys offered through Roots of Action.
- Read about the Adult Survey for ages 18 and over.
- Read about the Youth Survey for young people ages 10-17.
- Find out how schools, nonprofits, and researchers can use our surveys to assess the positive development of youth and adults.
- Learn more about The Compass Advantage — the cornerstone framework for our research at Roots of Action.